When does the course start?
- Mid September of each year. See the IDBE Brochure 2013 for course dates.
Who is the course for?
The IDBE programme has proved valuable to a wide variety of disciplines including:
- Architecture and Landscape Architecture
- Engineering (Civil, Structural, Building Services & Transportation)
- Design Management, and Project and Construction Management
- Cost Planning and Building Economics
- Facility Procurement and Management
- Urban Design and Policymaking
- Clients and other stakeholders
See the course in action
- Latest News -
New on-line application system goes live for September 2013: http://www.ice.cam.ac.uk/mst.
Interdisciplinary Design for the Built Environment (IDBE)
A Part-time Masters Degree at the University of Cambridge offered jointly by the Departments of Architecture and Engineering
The Masters programme for design, strategy, teamwork, leadership and sustainability in the built environment.
IDBE draws together inquiring and enthusiastic individuals from the built environment who have at least 3 years professional experience since graduating. The course encourages the exploration of pressing challenges that cross the boundaries of conventional specialisms.
The course is accredited by:
Joint Board of Moderators (Institution of Civil Engineers, Institution of Structural Engineers, Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation, The Institute of Highway Engineers) - www.jbm.org.uk
Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors - www.rics.org
Chartered Insitution of Building Services Engineers - www.cibse.org
Royal Institute of British Architects Advanced CPD - www.architecture.com
More information about each of the above can be found here